In a short interview following her new role as affiliate manager, Kateryna Bondarchuk describes her journey into affiliation, highlighting her strengths and passions that have helped her to develop into the professional she is today, as well as her goals for the future.
1. What are you passionate about, when it comes to the affiliate world?
The affiliate world is very dynamic and requires that one is always up-to-date on industry developments and trends. This job becomes an important part of one's life and personally, I really enjoy it! Learning something new every day, strategising and executing effective marketing campaigns, building strong business partnerships – all these things inspire me and give me the feeling that I am doing what I was always supposed to do. When you are an affiliate manager, the potential for grow one's self is unlimited.
2. What are the key traits that make a good affiliate manager?
I would say that building the relationships with partners is critical to the success of an affiliate program and this might be tricky sometimes. Here are few main skills which are useful for achieving the business goals:
1. Communication skills – a good affiliate manager knows how to lead the conversation in the right direction, easily.
2. Organisational skills and time management – while communicating with many people on daily basis, it is important to stay on top of your to-do list and finish your tasks on time. Sometimes I feel that 24hr is not really enough.
3. Analytical skills – an affiliate manager should be able to analyse data to identify trends and opportunities to optimise the program and improve performance.
4. And last but not least – Creativity. Our professional field is pretty competitive and in order to be on top, you should offer products and services that are unlike any other. Overall, a good affiliate manager is someone who is proactive, responsive, and dedicated to building strong relationships with affiliates in order to drive mutual success.
3. What is your favourite thing about your team?
I can surely say that I am lucky to be a part of such a talented and motivated group of professionals. I could see from the very first day here that my colleagues are dedicated to what they do and are working tirelessly. Their enthusiasm has helped us to stay ahead of the competition and deliver outstanding results for our affiliates. I also appreciate their collaborative spirit and willingness to work together to overcome challenges and achieve our goals. Our team is like a small family where everyone has their own space to grow and to develop.
4. Where do you find your motivation to work hard?
My motivation comes from my passion to what I do. For me it is all about the satisfaction of helping others succeed, the drive to meet program goals, the challenge of continuous improvement, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth. Knowing that I am contributing to the success of our company and making a positive impact on our results is a powerful motivator for me.
5. Describe your best 3 qualities that will help you as an affiliate manager.
First, I have been working in the gambling industry for more than 3 years and can say that I have a good knowledge of the product we are working with and can easily show the best sides of it. Second, I prioritise building trust and credibility with affiliates and offer them the necessary support so that they can succeed. This is because, for me, having good communication skills means being approachable, responsive and always ready to listen to the feedback. Third - attention to detail. Managing a successful affiliate program involves keeping track of many moving parts, from tracking sales and commissions to ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. Having strong attention to detail can help you stay organised, catch errors or discrepancies, and maintain a high level of program integrity.
6. What do you do for fun?
I am always curious to try new things, from water sport to a candle making master class. Of course, my favourite time is that spent with my nearest and dearest. The most valuable days are those when I can stay with my family and friends, whether we are going out to eat, watching movies or playing games. It is also a great way to stay connected and unwind after a busy week.
7. Where do you see yourself professionally, in 1 year?
In one year, I see myself continuing to develop my skills as an affiliate manager and contributing to the growth and success of the company I work for. I hope to have gained more experience managing affiliate programs and implementing successful campaigns that generate revenue and build strong relationships with our affiliates. Ultimately, my goal is to make a positive impact on the company and to help drive its continued success.